DES MOINES, IA (07/12/2010)-- The Iowa State Fair offers "Non Stop Fun" for families at affordable prices. The 2010 Iowa State Fair, set August 12-22, is offering advanced admission tickets at a discounted price on sale now at the Iowa State Fair Ticket Office. Fair fans can also take advantage of several reduced rates during the Fair.
Saving on advance admission tickets for the Fair has never been easier or more convenient. Adult and child advance discount gate admission tickets are on sale now at the Iowa State Fair Ticket Office through August 11. Regular adult admission tickets are just $7, while $4 tickets for children (ages 6-11) are only $3.
New this year, adult advance admission tickets to the Iowa State Fair will be available through Iowa Powerball sales terminals, giving Fair fans nearly 2,000 locations statewide where they can buy tickets. Tickets will be printed from Lottery terminals on the same paper that is used for lotto tickets in games such as Powerball. Adult advance-admission is $7, with a $1 convenience fee for tickets available from lottery terminals.
Child advance admission tickets will not be available through the Lottery system but will be available at all Dahl's Food Stores, participating Fareways, as well as participating Iowa and Omaha-area Hy-Vee and Hy-Vee Drugstores. They will be $3. Adult and child tickets are available online now at www.iowastatefair.org. Tickets are good any one Fair day. Children 5 and under are admitted free every day. Convenience fees may apply.
Fair Play Packs
These value-packed kits are good any Fair day and are perfect for employee incentives or Fair-loving families! Fair Play Packs are available at the State Fair Ticket Office or online at www.iowastatefair.org through August 11. Three different packages provide visitors of all ages with plenty of food, fun and entertainment. The three kits include:
• Ages 12 and older, $19 (a $28.50 value): One adult gate admission, five $1 food and beverage coupons, one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride, one Sky Glider ride, one Snakes Alive, Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission and one Midway ride.
• Ages 6-11, $18 (a $26.50 value): One child gate admission, five $1 food and beverage coupons, one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride, one Sky Glider ride, one Snakes Alive, Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission, one pony or camel ride at Perry's Petting Zoo and one Midway ride.
• Ages 5 and under, $15 (a $22.50 value): Five $1 food and beverage coupons, one Giant Slide or Ye Old Mill ride, one Sky Glider ride, one Snakes Alive, Butterfly House or Train Exhibit admission, one pony or camel ride at Perry's Petting Zoo and one Midway ride. Admission is free for children ages 5 and under.
Buy a convenient Punch Card with 11 days of adult Fair admission for just $77. Each punch is good for one admission to the Fair. Cards may be used by individuals or families. Punch Cards may only be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at www.iowastatefair.org.
Buy a set of five $1 food coupons good for food or beverage purchase at any Fairgrounds concession, excluding the Midway. Cost is $5 per set, and may be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at www.iowastatefair.org.
Get a set of five Midway ride tickets for only $13. Each ticket is good for one ride. Or purchase a Mega Pass wristband, good for unlimited mechanical rides any one Fair day from open to close. Mega Passes are $25 and do not include gate admission. Both options are available through August 11 and may be purchased through the State Fair Ticket Office or online at www.iowastatefair.org. Mega Passes can also be purchased at statewide Walgreens and Des Moines-area Hy-Vee stores.
Enjoy these special offers only available during the Fair:
• From 6 a.m. to noon on opening day, August 12, get half-price admission with a half-price coupon in the Iowa State Fair daily program section of the August 8 Des Moines Register. One coupon per person.
• Gate admission is half-price after 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
• During the Fair, purchase a Midway wristband any weekday good for unlimited mechanical rides from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wristbands are $25 and are available during the Fair at Midway ticket booths only.
• On Older Iowans' Day, August 19, gate admission is just $7 for Fairgoers ages 60 and over.
• On Extreme Sunday, August 22, take advantage of half-price admission all day until 9 p.m. and free parking for carloads of five or more in the Fair's North Parking Lot.
The State Fair Ticket Office is located in the Administration Building on the Fairgrounds. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Online and walk-up orders will close August 11. Cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard or Discover are accepted. To order tickets by mail, write to: Iowa State Fair Ticket Office, P.O. Box 57130, Des Moines, IA, 50317-0003. Include check or money order; please do not send cash. If using credit card, please provide card number, expiration date, three-digit number on the back of your card and return mailing address. Mail orders close July 29. All offers good while supplies last.
Fairgoers can enjoy a double benefit by buying early. After the Fair, a coupon on the back of child and select adult advance discount gate tickets is redeemable for a free small Potato Olé with a purchase at any participating Iowa-area Taco John's.
The Iowa State Fair is set for "Non Stop Fun" August 12-22, 2010. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.